In-House Testing in Arlington
On-Site Laboratory for Your Convenience
At PrimeCare Emergency Center, we are proud to have a state-of-the-art lab on-site for a more streamlined and quicker diagnosis of your health. Our lab specialists provide a vast array of services including flu diagnosis, urinalysis, drug and alcohol screening, lipid, and metabolic panels, among several other testing services.
A more comprehensive list of the on-site testings we provide can be found under our laboratory services page. Our in-house services are available on a walk-in basis or you may schedule a time that’s more suitable for you.
For more information about our in-house medical testing - call (682) 253-6655 today.
For those that need to check their coronavirus status or workers who require verification of negative results for employment reasons, our office provides COVID-19 testing both in-house and for a more extensive recording of the virus to have a phlebotomy sampling sent out for testing.
Our dynamic staff follows strict pandemic protocol and they are constantly updated on CDC reports and recommendations.
Our effort to minimize the spread of the infection to the best of our capability provides the following:
- Tele-diagnostic evaluations over the phone for virtual screening appointments.
- Drive-up appointment for nasal testing (the antibody test requires blood samples that require a visit indoors).
- Follows strict sanitizing and cleaning maintenance to ensure the safety of staff and patients alike.
Types of COVID In-House Testing
- COVID-19 Antigen Test – Taking up to 15 minutes for results to appear, antigen tests utilize a nasal or throat swab to detect certain proteins or glycans currently present within the fluid sample. They are the more practical and efficient choice when having to assess an immense amount of potentially infected people. Depending on your specific case, a negative result from an antigen may require a follow up with molecular testing to ensure that no false negatives have been recorded.
- Molecular (PCR) Testing - This in-house testing also uses a nasopharyngeal swab, and results are readily available within 45 minutes from retrieving your fluid sample.This tests currently active COVID infections and detects viral RNA material using a reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). These tests are considered to be very accurate.
- COVID-19 Antibody Test – this testing traces antibodies in your blood or serum to verify if you currently have the virus or have contracted it in the past. Blood samples for this testing can be collected at our emergency center with results generally taking around 2-3 days. Bear that in mind, taking the test too early may not catch the unreleased antibodies still forming in your immune system, thus rendering the test inaccurate. If a negative result from an antibody testing appears, you will be recommended to follow up after 48 hours from your first test to see if a second blood sample will provide evidence of antibody production.
Additional In-House Testing Available!
Not solely restricted to our COVID-19 testing and results, if you suspect any of our on-site assessments and screenings contain false readings or any inaccuracies, our laboratory team will not hesitate in recollecting your samples and redoing the whole testing for a second analysis and more solid verification.
Contact us online or come visit us for on-site services that will cut your wait time drastically and help diagnose your symptoms and concerns at a swifter pace.
Personalized Quality Care
Our goal is to help you with your immediate medical issue and provide overall care for your health.
Follow Up Care
When you leave our emergency center, we will continue to follow up to ensure the best care.
Our efficient, knowledgable, and friendly team will take care of you quickly.
We're open every day of the year, including weekends and holidays.